DALLAS July 21, 2011 www.ti.com/ads42xx-pr
Key features and benefits of the ADS42xx family
- The 14-bit ADS4246 uses 332 mW total power at 160 MSPS, 35-percent less power than its closest competitor. The family provides options down to 92 mW per channel to reduce board heating and operating costs.
- Pin-compatible 12- and 14-bit options, with speeds ranging from 65 to 250 MSPS, enable customers to move to higher resolutions and sample rates without redesigning the board.
- Pin-compatible with 11-bit, 200-MSPS ADS58C28, providing a license-free export option with up to 65 MHz of high-performance RF channel bandwidth at input frequencies over 200 MHz.
- 6-dB programmable gain option provides the flexibility needed to achieve a high signal-to-noise ratio of up to 73.6 decibel full scale (dBFS) and spurious free dynamic range (SFDR) of up to 91 dBc for high receive sensitivity in 3G/LTE wireless infrastructure.
Tools and support
TI offers a variety of tools and support to speed development with the ADS42xx family, including:
- An evaluation module (EVM) for each part.
- TSW1200 digital capture tool
- high-speed mezzanine connector FPGA mezzanine connector ADS42xx
- IBIS models
- ADC harmonic calculator anti-aliasing calculation tool jitter and SNR calculator
Availability and packaging
The ADS42xx family is offered in a 64-pin QFN package. 1,000-unit pricing and availability for the new devices follow below.
Learn more about TI’s data converter portfolio by visiting the links below:
About Texas Instruments
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated