As an avid AirPods user, encountering the annoyance of a single AirPod refusing to charge is not only inconvenient but can disrupt your audio experience.
Fret not, though, as there are straightforward and effective solutions you can implement right at home before considering the hassle of reaching out to Apple or returning your beloved wireless earbuds.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through step-by-step solutions to resolve the issue, ensuring you swiftly return to enjoying the seamless wireless sound experience you love.
Let’s get started!
- Check the battery level of the charging case.
- Reinsert the AirPod
- Clean the AirPod and charging case
- Reset your Airpods
- Contacting Apple Support
If you find that one of your AirPods is not charging, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Check Charging Case Battery Level
- Place both AirPods in the Charging Case and close the lid.
- Bring the case close to your iPhone and open the lid.
- Look for the AirPods card on your iPhone screen, displaying battery levels.
If the Charging Case battery is below 10%, charge it using a Lightning or USB-C cable. Charge the case regularly for at least 15 minutes to ensure it always has sufficient power.
2. Reinsert the AirPod
- Remove any accessories, like foam ear tips.
- Reinsert the AirPod into the case.
If the charging icon appears on your iPhone, the issue is resolved. If not, clean the contacts on the AirPod stem and inside the Charging Case.
3. Clean the AirPod and Charging Case
What You’ll Need:
- Lint-free or microfiber cloth
- Periodontal brush, straw cleaner, or Q-tip
- 70% isopropyl alcohol (optional)
- Use a dry cloth to clean the AirPod stem and contacts.
- Use a brush to clean internal contacts in each AirPod bay in the Charging Case.
- For stubborn dirt, use a moistened Q-tip with water or isopropyl alcohol.
- Clean your AirPods and Charging Case weekly for optimal performance.
4. Reset AirPods
- Place AirPods in the case and close the lid.
- After 30 seconds, open the lid.
- On your iOS device, go to Settings -> [Name of your AirPods].
- Tap “Forget This Device,” then confirm.
- Press and hold the case button for 15 seconds until the status light flashes amber.
- Reconnect AirPods following on-screen instructions.
Resetting can resolve various issues; ensure to reconnect your AirPods after the reset.
5. Contacting Apple Support
- If the issue persists, contact Apple Support for further assistance.
Apple’s experts will guide you on whether repair or replacement is necessary.
Following these steps should help resolve the issue of one AirPod not charging. If problems persist, reaching out to Apple Support is recommended for expert assistance.
Apple News Digest – January 2024
1. iOS 17.3 Beta Released: Two New Features Coming Soon
- Apple has launched the first beta of iOS 17.3, introducing two undisclosed features.
- Expected release in January or February, compatible with iPhone XS and newer models.
- Some features may require the latest iPhone models.
2. AirPods 4 in 2024: New Design, Updated Case, and Active Noise Cancellation
- Apple plans to unveil AirPods 4 in 2024, replacing AirPods 3 and the lower-priced AirPods Pro.
- AirPods 4 features a new design, an updated case, and active noise cancellation.
3. 2024 Apple Watch Models: New Look, Blood Pressure Monitoring, Sleep Apnea Detection
- Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman suggests 2024 Apple Watch models will sport an updated look.
- Anticipated features include blood pressure monitoring and sleep apnea detection.
4. Apple Halts Sales of Apple Watch Series 9 and Ultra 2 in U.S.
- Apple announces a pause in sales of Apple Watch Series 9 and Ultra 2 in the U.S.
- The decision is a response to an ongoing patent dispute with Masimo regarding blood oxygen sensing.
5. iOS 17.2.1 Update in the Works: Minor Fixes Expected
- Apple is internally testing iOS 17.2.1, a minor update addressing bugs and security vulnerabilities.
- Analytics logs reveal the existence of this upcoming update.
6. Apple Works on Software Fix to Prevent U.S. Apple Watch Import Ban
- Apple engineers are modifying algorithms for the Apple Watch blood oxygen sensor to avoid an import ban.
- This move is in response to the impending ban resulting from a patent dispute with Masimo.
7. iOS 17.2.1 Released: Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Apple releases iOS 17.2.1, a minor update following iOS 17.2.
- Users can download the update over the air via Settings > General > Software Update on eligible devices.
Below is a simplified data table summarizing the key information from the provided Apple news digest:
|iOS 17.3 Beta Released
|Apple Halts Sales of Watches in the U.S.
|AirPods 4 in 2024
|– New design, updated case, and active noise cancellation.
– Aiming to replace AirPods 3 and lower-priced AirPods Pro.
|2024 Apple Watch Models
|– Sales pause for Apple Watch Series 9 and Ultra 2 due to a patent dispute with Masimo regarding blood oxygen sensing.
|Apple Halts Sales of Watches in the U.S
|– Engineers working on algorithms for the Apple Watch blood oxygen sensor to avoid an import ban related to a patent dispute.
|iOS 17.2.1 Update in the Works
|– Internal testing for a minor update addressing bugs and security vulnerabilities.
|Apple’s Software Fix for Watch Ban
|– Engineers working on algorithms for the Apple Watch blood oxygen sensor to avoid import ban related to a patent dispute.
|iOS 17.2.1 Released
|– Minor update with bug fixes and improvements.
– Users can download over the air via Settings > General > Software Update.
- Resolving the inconvenience of a single AirPod refusing to charge doesn’t always require a trip to the Apple store. This comprehensive guide offers practical solutions that you can implement at home, ensuring a seamless audio experience with your beloved wireless earbuds.
- From checking the charging case battery level to cleaning the AirPods and performing a reset, these step-by-step instructions guide you through troubleshooting the issue efficiently. Remember, maintaining your AirPods by cleaning them regularly contributes to optimal performance.
- Should these solutions not suffice, reaching out to Apple Support provides expert assistance, ensuring you continue to enjoy the unparalleled wireless sound experience that AirPods offer.
- Now armed with these troubleshooting techniques, you can swiftly address the issue and get back to your immersive audio world. Happy listening!