CHICAGO Feb. 28, 2011 ICAP Ocean Tomo
New York March 31st
Key Characteristics & Benefits
The lot discloses the following:
- Technology to power a vendor’s instant messaging presence to create an automated sales channel.
- The patent in this lot allows for a system where a vendor signs on with an instant messaging service using a unique name, which customers can add to their contact lists.
- Software resident on a vendor’s computer responds by supplying a list of goods and/or services. The customer makes one or more selections and generates an order to the vendor.
- Customers are then able to initiate an instant message communication with a selected vendor for ordering purposes.
- Now vendors can have commerce-enabled instant messaging profiles just as they have eCommerce websites.
- They are powerful and engaging interactive marketing tools that provide a constant presence to the customer.
- They allow vendors to send out proactive marketing messages
- System supplies a platform useful for conducting market research and enabling and viral marketing.
- Overall, enabling commerce through new technologies increases revenues by creating alternative methods for accepting customer orders.
- Additional sales platforms also serve to extend the reach, exposure, and appeal of vendor brands.
- This lot has already been cited by Pivot Solutions and Rockwell Collins.
This patent should be of interest for the following reasons:
- Market research suggests that by 2012 there will be more than 1.6 billion instant messaging users around the world.(1)
- $119 billion
- Based on figures such as these, this lot should be of interest to software companies, retailers, mobile service providers, and virtually all entities involved in eCommerce.
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Dean Becker Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Ocean Tomo LLC
30 June 2006 www.icap.com
SOURCE ICAP Ocean Tomo